Aeternus
You must login or register to have full access to the forum. To register, keep in mind that your account name DOES NOT need to be your character's name. We use the "one account per player" method, as such numerous characters can be tied to one account.
Aeternus
You must login or register to have full access to the forum. To register, keep in mind that your account name DOES NOT need to be your character's name. We use the "one account per player" method, as such numerous characters can be tied to one account.
Aeternus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeternus is a medieval RP forum with an in depth and complex fantasy setting.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Affiliates
free forum The RPG Collection
The Stow Away Possible2b
Chatbox
Window
YOUR POSTS CLICK ME!
omg

The Stow Away

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Noel

The Stow Away Empty
PostSubject: The Stow Away   The Stow Away I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 11:03 pm

Through a throng of people a young woman was struggling to find her way. It was a little hard honestly, being elf height and not having enough physical strength to elbow people like she would have preferred to. But this is what she had wanted, traveled for, left home for. Her long white skirt swept the ground as she tried to weave her way around the town. Her hair was twisted into some half braid while many strands collected around her high cheek bones. Her pale rose lips muttered apologies as she bumped into various people, her travel bag hitched on her shoulder was starting to rub her the wrong way. She'd traveled for so long, hitchhiking mostly. She paid most of her way with playing in pubs and helping farmers and builders move heavy things. She had had a few close calls with some wandering hands and racist mumblings. But she had made it to Revera in one piece; a feat she could write her mother about when she had the time. She'd left the woods to expand her horizons and see the ocean. Thats what she had come here to do. To get on a boat and find her way across the vast seas. She'd come this far and Alana Faire was far from giving up now.

After taking in all the many faces she tried to think of a way to get on a ship. She was low on funds, she had gotten her spending habits from her father, so she would have to barter to be sure. With that thought in mind she decided to hang around a clump of shops to see who was around. She was near a Port, the name of it she had no idea. She was a smart girl though she could figure it out later. She tucked in a loose end of her light brown blouse as she entered one particularly nice looking shop, full of maps and books. But soon after she entered a jewelry chest caught her eye causing her to gracefully float over. There were a few people in the shop so she kept her ears open for the word boat as she opened the lid to stare longingly at the treasures inside.

Last edited by Noel on Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

The Stow Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stow Away   The Stow Away I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 11:26 pm

"Yes. Excuse me...." He tapped on the shoulder of a rather burly man standing by the door.

"Yes.... Balor Wind? I do believe you have a crew ready to see me?" He smiled, stepping his way past the burly man to a table of rather beat up looking sailors. "Hello Gents. It's been a while."

They stood up, crossing their arms.

"You lost our ship last time we saw you."

"Yes... Yes... And no. I got it back."

The crew narrowed their eyes.

"Well not the exact one no... But I have got another ship! One that is better" The group looked at each other.

"You poor lot are in need of a meal. Let ole Balor find us the gold and get you some food yes?"

They all looked between each other before sitting back down at their spots.

"Great! I will see you all at deck 7 in one hour."

He smiled brightly, stepping out of the pub and blinking at the bright light.

Alright... Now to get a ship...

He started walking his way toward the deck, smiling at the different ships before coming up to one that was getting towed to the side.

"Yes! Sir! What are you doing with that ship?" He yelled to the crew men pulling it with the others

"It's infested with rats sir... We are cleaning it."

"Oh! I can handle that! Just tie it right there and I'll have my professional rat team come in and clean them right out! Only 10 gold coins!"

The men looked between each other and nodded. "Alright elf. We'll be back in 2 hours."

"Perfect!"

They left with the rope tied and the ship in port.

Balor walked his way into the jewelry store. He'd need something to feed the sailors... And this was a great place to grab something to "borrow."

As soon as he stepped in, a store clerk walked up to him and asked him what he needed help finding.

Balor gave a cheeky smile. "Oh I'll just look around first I think yes?"

The clerk stepped away and Balor made quick work of snatching the key on his belt, stuffing it in his sleeve. The only one who could have seen the exchange was the dark haired girl who was standing there. He put a finger to his lips, slipping by her and leaning against a case with his hands behind his back.

The clerk came up to him again. Balor became noticeably a shade redder.

"See anything you like sir?"
"Oh... Yeeeess a little here and there, still looking though." He smiled brightly again
"Let me know if you need me to get you anything."
"Sure thing. Go on now lots of customers to handle. I'm just gonna look a bit more before heading back to my ship" He made a shooing motion, having to snatch the key as it started to slip from it's hiding place. The clerk took his leave once more.

Shortly thereafter, he stepped out of the shop, the key hanging on the hook by the door, the display case now short a few very valuable gems.

Back to top Go down
Noel

The Stow Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stow Away   The Stow Away I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 11:49 pm

She had been chatting with the clerk before the man had come in, exchanging knowledge about gems and pretty things. She proudly showed of a black diamond pendant necklace she had bartered for months ago. She was busy looking at an old map when the devious customer came in. She glanced at him and raised both of her eyebrows at his sticky fingers. But really she didn't like confrontation. Especially when she was far from any allies. So she just shook her head slightly at him before turning back to the map. She was ignoring the thieves communication with the nice clerk until she heard the word ship. Her eyes snapped up to him, narrowing slightly in thought, but soon he was done raiding the chest and heading toward the door. She threw what little she had onto the counter, shaking the map until the clerk nodded. She carefully but quickly put it in her already heavy bag. She was out the door a few moments after the man, standing on her tip toes trying to spot where he had gone.

Lucky for her he hadn't gotten far. She scrambled her way through people to catch up, sidling next to him easily. With a slight breathless tone she began," Hi, I was in the shop. I heard you say you have a ship? I am trying to sail myself and I was wondering if you had room for one more." She was struggling a little to keep up. Her expression was eager at the least. This was easier then she had anticipated. To find someone so randomly was a stroke of pure luck! And surely he wouldn't mind a small half elf tagging along. It wasn't as if she took up much room. Seemingly remembering her manners she added," Oh! My names is Lana by the way. Lana Faire." Her smile rose easily on her pale lips.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

The Stow Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stow Away   The Stow Away I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 12:05 am

Balor waited until he was at a brisk pace out of the store and slipped the stolen gems from his pocket, looking at them closely. Oh this'll get those idiots licking his boots again in no time! Ah things were finally starting to go his way!

Until a voice came tittering up to him from behind. He stopped, praying beyond prayer that it wasn't someone com to arrest him. Didn't sound intimidating, so he turned, and what he saw gave him a moment to pause. "Hello?" What did this girl want? He couldn't remember sleeping with anyone like her, so it wasn't that.... "Yes?"

As she spoke Balor tilted his head slightly, giving out a slight curt nod. "No."

He then turned on heel and began his walk down board again. As she continued speaking he turned back around.

"And your name was? Right Mrs. Faire? Lovely name. Listen. Women on a ship is bad luck, everyone knows that. So... go back and play house and uh... play with your dolls or whatever you girlies do."

He knew she wasn't a child, but he reeeally couldn't afford the shipmates getting upset or the girl slowing him down. She'd need to be more persuasive, or coniving.
Back to top Go down
Noel

The Stow Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stow Away   The Stow Away I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 12:24 am

"No," Lana repeated his words in a stunned voice. Blinking in surprise she realized she had paused. She hurriedly picked up her pace and protested," What do you mean no? You can't just say no when you haven't even heard me out. I could be a very big help. I'm very very skilled in reading maps. I've read tons of books on currents and weather patterns!" She was very adverse to people telling her no straight out. She needed to know why, and usually spent so much time convincing them otherwise they'd give up out of frustration. Tucking a bothersome strand of hair out of the way she looked at him sternly. Her mind was going through many avenues to find ways to add to her value. She bit her lip for a second before exclaiming," OH! I can do magic too. Kinetic, like moving things with my mind." She smiled proudly at this. She'd gotten it from her mother who was quite skilled, teaching her daughter everything she knew. She could move a whole tree if she wanted to! She of course had to take a massive nap after but nevermind that.

His insults did nothing but make her want to prove herself more. Rolling her eyes slightly she retorted," My name is lovely thank you much for saying so. Whats yours then Captain? If you live your life by folk lore then I feel very sorry for you, women are no more bad luck then foolish men. Also I'm not a little kid, you're only a handful of years older than I." Her large eyes pinned him with a knowing look. She then thought of something and crossed her arms. Looking at the sky she decided to keep arguing her case while following him. At least she'd know where the ship was. Besides she couldn't throw out all her points out at once. Lana remembered she could always turn to blackmail in the end.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

The Stow Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stow Away   The Stow Away I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 12:35 am

The Captain continued his strutting walk, hearing her at a sidelong sort. "Ooohhhh move things with your mind? That's useful out on a ship with nothing moving but water... Truly remarkable." He grinned as he walked, pulling out the gem again. He loved how it caught the light...

"What? Now don't go insulting my intelligence. I happen to know full well many different sailors that had a female on board when they sank... Uhm.... Like.... Oh I'll remember them later thank you." He turned a sharp corner, hoping she'd lose him. Of course she didn't.

"Look, I'm sure you are well and good and all, but... the other sailors! They just tie my hands on that. Nope. No way they'd go for it."

"I've read a book as well! and maps.... Once upon a time..."

He stopped at a merchant, talking quickly and pawning the gemstone for a bag of coin.

He turned back around, looking at her.

"Have you ever even been on a ship?" He had a feeling she had not...

"My name is Captain Balor Wind. I'm sure you've heard of me, most people have." He looked a bit smug, continuing his stroll to the dock where he saw the sailors already on the ship, throwing rats overboard.

"Wind! Did you know these things were on here! One eye almost lost his eye!!!"

Balor smirked and walked up the board toward the ship. "Alright, this is where you say your goodbyes and be on your way. This is my ship.... The.... Uh..... He turned his head and looked at the side.

"The Periwinkle. Wow. That'll need to change."
Back to top Go down
Noel

The Stow Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stow Away   The Stow Away I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 1:03 am

She was tempted to stick her tongue out at him but knew it would be childish to do so. So instead she turned up her nose while saying," Well I can move barrels and things. Physical labor most people don't want to do." She had a feeling this guy liked to cut corners when he could so why not take advantage of someone who could lift heavy things without lifting her little index finger. She eyed the gem he had stolen as he examined it. Her brain quickly categorized and noted it was a very lovely piece. She smirked at him a little as he struggled to find examples for his excuse. She nodded before patting him on the arm," Of course you will. I'm sure the names just slipped your mind a moment."

Lana wasn't having any third party stand in her way. She walked briskly beside him while adjusting her bag on her shoulder. Sighing a little she said," I'm sure if they met me they would change their minds. I'm very charming if you can't tell." She grinned widely. She stopped with him as he pawned the jewel, a little jealous. But after seeing the money he'd gotten for it she just turned disappointed. When they started walking again she mentioned," You could have gotten more for that you know. It's clarity was spot on to start with. Honestly."

"Well no," the young woman admitted turning a little pink. Okay so she'd never been on a ship. She hadn't even ever seen the ocean really. But she never knew until she tried it right? She'd been in the woods so long that something new was needed. She nodded more to herself then him. At his name she looked at him blankly before puckering her brow. Shrugging she said rather bluntly," No, I can't say I've ever heard of you." Of course she'd never really heard of anyone outside her home. When they came to a stop she looked up from where she'd been staring blankly and her eyes widened. She smiled widely at the large ship before looking past it. She gasped slightly at the vast expand of sea. It seemed to go on forever. She could go anywhere. Looking at him she pleaded," Oh please let me come along. I could help sell your jewelry, I could distract clerks!" She looked back up the crew before adding," And besides it seems like you have a lot of rats. I have a very loud voice when I want to have one...and I witnessed you stealing and selling said stolen goods. I could alert someone before the last rat drowns." She smiled smugly as she placed her hands on her hips. At the very least she could slow him down a bit.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

The Stow Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stow Away   The Stow Away I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 1:27 am

"Well..... You might scare the others."

He stopped and turned toward her. "Ok look. You haven't been on a ship, you haven't met the crew, and you don't know a thing about sailing ships. You want me to allow you onto my ship where you will annoy the ever loving piss outta me and my crew?"

Her next words did make him pause. He blinked at her and chewed on his cheek. He turned to one of the guys.

"What do you think of a woman on board?"

He hoped he'd tell her off for him.

"I wouldn't mind. Ship could use someone smarter..."

Balor's eyes widened and he stomped onto the ship.
Back to top Go down
Noel

The Stow Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stow Away   The Stow Away I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 1:43 am

"You say that as if I'm a monster when we both know that I am adorable," Lana pointed out with smugness. Her heritage helped in the looks department at least. Though sometimes she was a bit bothered that people mistook her for a teenager when she was really a young adult. When he began listing the ways she was unqualified her expression faltered into a sad pout. Looking at him through eyelashes she said in a little voice," Haven't you ever wanted to try something new and go somewhere you've never been before? Surely you haven't always been a pirate." She gave him a knowing look. She wasn't stupid. She shared an aspect with this man, him being elf and her half. Surely one day he had decided to escape his comfort zone just like she. Smiling a little she added," I'm a fast learner too. Besides, I think you enjoy my company more then you let on." This was just to tease him. Obviously she was pushing herself on him but this was not the situation to be shy.

The young woman held her breath as he asked the question, balling her hands into fists. Slightly behind him she looked at the other sailors in an open and friendly way. Their answer made them pump her fists in the air and jump once. She made a tiny squealing noise before exclaiming," Oh thank you! Thank you I promise you lot won't regret it." She bounded onto the ship after Balor happily. Right before getting all the way on she took a last look at Revera before feeling giddy again. Open sea! New lands! Adventure! All she ever wanted. She took a moment to pat herself on the back (literally) before climbing aboard fully.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

The Stow Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stow Away   The Stow Away I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 3:40 pm

Balor turned to the girl, "Do not take my politeness for anything other than that." With a slight flourish of his hands, he turned again, this time walking toward the railing and smiling at the distance that had just started to gain from the port.

"OI! What are you doing!"

The voice came from the dock as a group of guys came running up, confused at why their ship was taking off without them.

"Sorry mate! Guess you'll be in need of a new line of work! Don't worry, I did you a favor.... They say pirates roam these areas!"

"Pirates!!!" They ran around yelling the word, alerting the guards.

Balor turned toward Lana, giving her a rather nervous smile. "This would be a good time for you to head below deck... Rough waters ahead."
Back to top Go down
Noel

The Stow Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stow Away   The Stow Away I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 11:15 pm

"Oh of course," Lana conceded with a mock sincere facial expression. She imitated his hand movements in a slightly silly way before following him across the ship. She took the time to smile genuinely at the other men before she heard the shouting. They seemed completely out of sorts as she leaned against the railing. She gave a side long glance to the pirate beside her before accusing," You took this ship just like you took that jewelry!" She wasn't sure if she should be appalled or slightly impressed. After all stealing a few baubles wasn't something to gasp over, but a whole ship, now there was a story to write your mother about! She let out a slight shout of laughter at his cheeky comment to the people on shore. His earlier claim of being polite seemed to be proved opposite by this behavior.

She turned away from the scene. The boat rocked beneath her feet as they sailed off, making her stomach churn in an odd way. She didn't feel like getting sick at the moment but she felt unsteady. The boat creaked very little but every sound seemed to be amplified in her ears. Finally she acknowledged Balor with a slight tilt of her chin then a confused twitch of the corners of her eyes. Lips pulling down slightly she looked up at the sky. She did not see any clouds on the horizon. With that thought occurring she voiced," I don't mean to be rude, but I seriously doubt a storm is about to come upon us. Besides, I would rather stay above deck as much as possible." Her expression grew into a sunny one before she pushed off the railing. She unsteadily began to walk toward the front of the boat while trying to be as graceful as possible. This was more difficult then she planned, who knew boats were so hard to walk on?
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

The Stow Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stow Away   The Stow Away I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 1:47 am

Balor made a strangling motion after her as she walked instead deciding to step up to her and pull her toward the railing. "Well then, I'd suggest you pray to whatever thing it is you pray to...." He didn't get much of a chance to grab onto the railing itself when the sound of thudding began to vibrate the ship.

Balor gave a point to the starboard side (Right side) little quivers sticking up from the boards.

"Rather futile really, the chances of hitting one us being minute to nothing, unless of course it is I who shoots them.... then yeah you'd be in trouble. As the case stands, we are safe, but not really fully. Welcome aboard!" He shouted with glee as the distance between them grew. "Oh... and the rough waters.... yeah wasn't talking about a storm."

He pointed to a group of row boats paddling fiercely after them...

Just as they were about to start up preparation to fight, the sails, which had been mostly slack, got hit with a massive wind, pulling the boat forward with a lurch and even sending Balor forward a step or two. The row boats were left in their wake as they made there way through the waters.

"Oh... That was lucky."

The crew were all shouting and laughing. "Biggest haul we've ever had! Hooray Captain Wind! Hooray!"

Balor stepped forward, giving a bow here and there.

"Now then, whats our heading?" the first mate shouted.

Balor turned to the girl, shrugging his shoulders. "North?"

"North Heading!"

"Oh... this will be fun then!"
Back to top Go down
Noel

The Stow Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stow Away   The Stow Away I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 2:03 am

Lana gave him a droll look when he manhandled her to the railing. Honestly, all men believed it was their job to teach a woman something. She did reach out for the railing when the assault started, looking over the side to spot one of the wayward arrows. She switched her gaze to their assailants and spoke off handly," I wouldn't pray to anything. I feel like praying before your die is like a sorry when you get caught. Not completely sincere." She half laughed at this before gazing at him," Besides, you're right they have horrible aim. And to think they are supposed to protect people from the likes of you!" She didn't say anything in response to his bow skills simply because she hadn't seen them. He could be very good or he could be boasting. She herself was well prepared in self defense. Her father had taught her to protect herself and her mother was...skilled with knife practice.

She had to admit she was worried for a moment when she saw the boats. She looked over her shoulder as the others prepared to battle, swallowing a little thickly. She had skills. It didn't mean she'd want to put them to any sort of test. She lurched forward against the railing as the wind picked up. It knocked the breath out of her a moment but after she laughed with delight as the other faded from her view. Waving grandly she shouted," So long! Better luck next time gentleman!" She grinned as her adrenaline spiked. She was really doing this. Going farther then she had ever gone in her whole lifetime. It was exciting and scary at the same time. She turned around at the cheering, rolling her bright blue eyes only slightly as he milked his audience. She mentioned in a cheeky tone," Yes it was sort of impressive, but something tells me you like to cut things a little close often...Captain Wind." She said his title in an exaggerated tone before turning back to view the ocean. She waved them off as they suggested a direction," North, South, it doesn't matter. We can go anywhere." Her fingers slid through her black hair as she leaned against the side, feeling as if it were a dream.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

The Stow Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stow Away   The Stow Away I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 2:30 am

"Better to ask for forgiveness than permission is more my style!" He laughed heartily as the arrows thudded into the ship.

Once all the commotion died down, Balor and the others came forward, picking up the arrows and the Captain walked his funny walk down toward the helm and sat himself down, smiling a rather wide smile. "That wasn't close! Close was when I was getting chased by guards and had to hop into a nun's house! She... well she stopped being a nun after that visit."

"And anywhere we shall go! North! I hear there is a carnival in Revera coming up. I say we grab a few barrels mead and set up shop. We can make some good money down there."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Stow Away Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stow Away   The Stow Away I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Stow Away
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aeternus :: Lands of Aeternus :: Country of Revera-
Jump to: