Aeternus
You must login or register to have full access to the forum. To register, keep in mind that your account name DOES NOT need to be your character's name. We use the "one account per player" method, as such numerous characters can be tied to one account.
Aeternus
You must login or register to have full access to the forum. To register, keep in mind that your account name DOES NOT need to be your character's name. We use the "one account per player" method, as such numerous characters can be tied to one account.
Aeternus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeternus is a medieval RP forum with an in depth and complex fantasy setting.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Affiliates
free forum The RPG Collection
Amok [open] Possible2b
Chatbox
Window
YOUR POSTS CLICK ME!
omg

Amok [open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pesty

Pesty

Amok [open] Empty
PostSubject: Amok [open]   Amok [open] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 4:57 pm

Ancor; Finch
Sunset

Dripdripdripdripsplat

...this is beyond what her imagination could fathom for Oblivion. A place for hellions such as herself to be cast once the so called "gods" have deigned their soul unworthy. Where she is now, bound, is worse. Strapped to a small bench in the middle of a chamber within the ship she leers up at the magicked bag seeping water to drop on her forehead, trickling down to around her ears and nape. Oh she will end the accursed guards who secured her on this surface! A miniscule puddle formed before overflowing to the volume of itself, spilling over the brim to dampen her hair.

The ship itself is well fortified and from the docks of the Ancor Imperium. Finch had been reported to have fled there with her winged companion. Whom is now held in captivity away from the rogue to rub insult to injury of being ensnared by the guards. She aches for Himmel. That infernal gryphon is her best friend and akin to a brother to her in terms of relationship. Finch is peculiar. She is an estranged rogue, yes, but she is also a woman in love with the sky and all to do with it. Birds, wind, stars, everything. She strives to do anything to be at one with the sky. Parkour is one such ritual habit of hers, bounding across rooftops and manipulating the environment to her will to ascend ever higher, yet here in this vessel her wings are clipped, her nestmate forlornly absent. Her dwarven friend Freya is nowhere around the Imperium, off on some personal business, and Finch is trapped here. She needs a scapegoat or at the very least a temporary partner in crime to help get her out of this mess. How could she have been so careless and get caught?

Disgruntled and hollow the she-devil's eyes roll around her settings. Damp, strewn with mildew and forgotten barrels, but no skeletons. Within the level, keeping an eye on her, are three guards. There are few others aboard since the main thing keeping Finch's behavior in check is the threat that they'll pluck and roast Himmel should she misbehave. The guards eye Finch with weary demeanor. She's been behaving by not attacking them, for how can she trapped as she were, but that doesn't make her any less of a pest. "...what? No visual representation of my final destination? None of you have put any thought into making me fathom how I would rot were I to die down here, alone and forgotten?"

"Nrgh. Stop rhyming." one the guards grunts, frowning at Finch. He, Durus, has had just about enough of her. And she can feel it. Finch is skilled at pushing buttons on others and delights in nothing more than shoving someone to the brink. The ship groans along with the two other guards. She'll be amazed if Durus lets her out of here alive. Regardless the man finds some chain to bind around Finch's wrists and ankles as they unlatch her leather straps from the bottom of the table. Gripping her shoulders tightly one of them has the honor of herding the rogue out to the docks. Sunset is upon them and with it, very soon, the blessed hours of nocturne. Meaning Finch won't have to worry about being recognized by anyone. And it's far too late in the day really to fret over villagers passing through to boo-hiss her. Even only in three years in this area she has regained her repulsive reputation as a rogue. "Wasting time is not fine." the rogue chimed, earning her a blow from Durus whom finally snapped. Tumbling onto the docks, made dizzy with a split lip and the sight of water, Finch feels an oily snake coiling in her ear to reach down into her core as the parasitic entity within her began to awaken.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

Amok [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amok [open]   Amok [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 1:40 am

As the sun went down, Finch's chances of escape could never be better. For she had a friend within these walls. A friend who had kept tabs on her though she thought herself vanished. No. No one ever fully vanishes from the friend she's made. If a friend at all he was.

As the girl began her trek on the docks, and her spill, the man in the cloak took a deep breath of the air. Yes... there was no mistaking it. This was his student, too far from her classes yet again.

Shayd stepped forward flipping his hood back and letting his hair fall to his shoulders. "Hello! I see you've found my property. What are her crimes so that I may punish her accordingly." His face was regal, amber eyes glowing in the darkness, his face covered at the bridge of the nose, as if afraid of a plague.

He cocked a white eyebrow smirking at the girl beneath his mask. "Well then... What have you gotten yourself into? Stealing my Griffon..."
Back to top Go down
Pesty

Pesty

Amok [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amok [open]   Amok [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 4:03 pm

Amok [open] VanisherAmok [open] Darkness-1

Amok [open] WamikaQuote
The leeching Darkness within Finch was, by appearances, a cousin of Corruption. Sadly Finch had wished, numerous times, fate were so kind to give her Corruption instead of the Darkness. Over the last few years it has remained within her being, bodily and spiritually. Finch had been terrified it would have destroyed her baby but instead she had felt the Darkness cradle her womb. When her son was born he had no signs of the Darkness. No it had chosen to remain within Finch, pulling her strings, giving her aid when needed. Now is close to such a time. Finch coughed out a bit of the sludge-ink the Darkness so often produced when provoked, turning her head to hack it at the guard's boots. "Well done, Durus, well done..." the rogue hissed in distaste as she carefully stood herself up, blinking back the pulsation that began in her skull.

As she did so a hooded figure approached. The guards tensed but Finch was disinterested in the approaching figure, instead glancing off to examine her surroundings. No real means of escape...if she--that voice. Shoulders wrenching back the years she has collected has allowed her instincts to refrain from her twisting her neck at neck-breaking speed. Instead she casually tilted her head enough to examine the features of Shayd from the corner of her good eye. Yes, there was no mistake it was her old Master. He's mad if he still believes she is part of his sect. "Gryphon, not griffin. And he is not yours nor is he mine, he is his own and his mate's. He never even liked you." Finch stated, words sloshing through the air as though muffled by the sludge filling up her gullet. Of course part of what she said was a lie. Himmel had partially bonded with those from the Assassin's grouping and would have began to groom Shayd, were the big blue bird presently nearby.

Durus shoved Finch back somewhat to take a few steps closer to Shayd. "Your property, eh? Have you any proof that this rogue has any affiliation to you and thusly is your responsibility?" the guards looked at Finch as though for some back up but she gave none and was instead screening her surroundings. She honestly doesn't know if being found by Shayd is worse than being led off further by these guards. The rogue can't decide if she's pleased or displeased to have the old man still existing so she inwardly decides it is a mixture of both.

Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

Amok [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amok [open]   Amok [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 5:09 pm

Shayd stepped forward as she spoke raising his hand as if to strike her, the guard making a motion and Shayd lowering his hand, just as a slave owner would behave. "It was that sort of talk that had you whipped Finch. And a whipping you will have." The guard behind them was nodding solemnly, obviously buying the act.

"And I'll call the beast whatever I please."

He turned his attention to the guard, holding out a very formal looking parchment. "Here is the sales agreement... You'll see it's dated and signed... Now, if you'll excuse me, The Slave and I have some very pressing issues that we must discuss."

He was trying to get her out of trouble here, but she was either too thick, or she just wanted to go to the dungeons.
Back to top Go down
Pesty

Pesty

Amok [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amok [open]   Amok [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 5:39 pm

Amok [open] WamikaQuote
Right about then the dungeons just seemed so much better. To return to Shayd would mean structure, a thumb pinning her down, fessing up, having to behave. It would also be complicated, possibly with the fact of her offspring. And of just having to pertain to duty. He was playing the card of she being his legalized slave. Easy to play along but only if one wanted to go running back to a group of assassins. If she would even be welcomed or wanted again. Still it would be better than rotting away. Finch bowed her head in a shameful display when Shayd mentioned whipping. Inside of her the slickness coiled up, hesitant if its hostess were in any real danger.

Durus grunted as he looked over the parchment. "Very well, everything seems to be in order...well on top of running away, stealing such equipment that she has on her along with your...bird, sir, this woman also stands accused for theft, assault, unruly conduct and vandalism of a very expensive bit of alchemy equipment." he had opened up a short scroll to sound off the offenses. She arched her brow at the irked guard before promptly having her belongings, since then collected in a bag, tossed down in a heap at her feet. Finch pursed her lips in disapproval but deftly used her foot as leverage to hook the bag strap around her ankle, kicking it up and taking a partial bow she managed to slip it around her neck. "Wait, wait, wait! I didn't break it! Why do you just assume it was me? I was present when it was broken--" she shut up from the scathing glare Durus offered her.

Finch sealed her mouth and glowered off to the side as the guard moved and handed over the key to the shackles to Shayd. "Very well, everything seems to be in order...we apologize for any inconvenience. If you find your slave is not rehabilitating fast enough, please send her to me personally down in the dungeons." Durus rolled up the scroll and handed it to Shayd before making a rude gesture at Finch. She snorted at him but made no further advances as Durus and the two guards walked towards the shore beyond the docks. Her shoulders dropped as she exhaled in some resignation, looking at Shayd. "Well then. That was a wonderful gesture. Now if you'll undo these cuffs so that I might be on my merry way..."

Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

Amok [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amok [open]   Amok [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 6:53 pm

Shayd bowed his head deeply, placing his hands together and lifting himself with great flourish. "Please have the offended send me their costs. I would be happy to work out an arrangement... I'll be sure to take the costs out on Finch here. She will wish that I hadn't found her." His eyes lit upon her again as she spoke.

"Silence." The word had such a calm sort of venom to it that could silence that of a dragon.

Once the guards had left and the Griffon freed, Shayd held out a hand. "Give me your hands." As she did so, he grabbed them by the connecting part and pulled her closer to him, using the shackles as a way to hold her while he inspected her.

"You are filthy... Bloody... Malnurished... My my my... Life has been ever so kind for you..." He slipped a chord from beneath his cloak and latched it onto the chains of the shackle. "Must keep up appearances."

And so they walked, heading over to where the birdie was being held.

"You are wasting yourself Finch. Surely Assassin Training is better than this? And if it is not, then you are weaker than I thought."
Back to top Go down
Pesty

Pesty

Amok [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amok [open]   Amok [open] I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 5:33 pm

Finch was inwardly ruffling her feathers up, still incredulous at having sight of Shayd in the flesh. She had presumed, well hoped really, that the ruin if Shayz would have taken their lives. Not out of contempt but out of simplicity to not have to retake these responsibilities. She kept a straight face as the man voiced he would take the cost of the offenses. It would be a small fortune at best. When he gave her the order of 'silence' she pursed her lips together and sifted her eyes well away from the white haired assassin master. Down at another section of the docks she could see a flash of blue as Himmel was being led out from the cage he was in, a hood over his head that allowed his beak to protrude out though his beak was bound by leather, his wings had rope twined along the feathers so he could not comfortably open them. Finch's stomach gave a lurch and she stiffened, watching the guards handle the gryphon.

Hearing Shayd speak again she held out her hands, still not looking at him as she craned her neck to watch Himmel rear up and claw wildly, knocking a few guards into the dark waters. A smug grin curled her lips up until she was yanked forth. "Oy!" the rogue snapped, twisting her head to leer up at Shayd. As he looked over her she arched a brow and snorted at his words. "Filthy, bloody and malnourished...have you ever seen me in any other light before, Shayd?" it's true, Finch is usually covered in a film of something. When he latched a cord to the chain between her cuffs her jaw dropped open and she stared in horror at the connection. That was not supposed to happen! With a defiant growl the female could only start walking after him.

Though what he next said made her stumble forth a bit, barking with laughter and possibly barking mad. Finch raised her hands to feign wiping away bemused tears as she chuckled, shaking her head. "Oh...you speak as though your person thought can sway me to climb out of the grave instead of remain buried alive. I have adapted to this new land here, Shayd. So has my friend." she had meant the Darkness, recalling how Shayd has seen an apparition of it at the markets when Finch was able to summon a hooded humanoid form to do her bidding. That power is much more defined now but not easily controlled. "...hypothetically, if I return to the training, there is something to consider. I have a hatchling of my own now, much too young to leave alone or very far from my person..." she trailed off, a flash of maternity seizing her and turning her thoughts to her child.

Two guards warily approched Shayd with Himmel in tow. The gryphon was grinding his beak and jerking his head around, clearly vexed. Those men were happy to hand over the lead ropes to Shayd though as soon as the guards turned about Finch scrambled up to Himmel, whispering to the impressive Peacock Gryphon as she removed the hood first to let his eyes adjust. Himmel's crest was erect in his ire as he glanced back over his shoulder, narrowing his eyes at the backs of the guards. Finch clucked her tongue to distract him before using what reach she had to remove the binding around his beak, knowing it was best to keep his wings bound for now. Given some freedom the gryphon puffed up and ground his beak again before hissing openly at the damaged sight of Finch. At first he rounded upon Shayd, figuring out the nearest body was the offender to harm Finch, though his eyes flashed with intelligence as he cocked his head to examine Shayd. The blue bird's crest smoothed down a few inches and his vibrant throat plumage puffed up as he clucked in contentment, tilting his head drastically, all fluffy, to press his head demandingly against Shayd's stomach for attention. "Traitor." Finch frowned at her companion as she remained fixed at Shayd's side.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

Amok [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amok [open]   Amok [open] I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 6:07 pm

Shayd continued his steps, not breaking stride until the Gryphon was in front of him again. He looked up at the bird, right in the eyes. They stared for a hard minute and the creature lowered its anger, and stepped in line. Strangely, Himmel seemed to be the more brighter of the two companions.

Shayd let out a breath as the girl continued to try his patience. He cracked his knuckles, dropping the line and turning around toward her once more. "You have a young one? And how does this adapting and rollling in the filth seem to be caring for them?" He had his own youngling to handle right now, and Finch here was no more qualified to care for a child as he was... He trained Assassins, not people...

Slipping one of his lockpicks from his pocket, he tossed it to her. "Go on. Free yourself. Sit in your mudhole and bathe in it. When we met you were willing to destroy anything and everything to better your lot. Now you are weak and want nothing but the minimum. Your complacency is disgusting."

He turned toward Himmel and bowed deeply. "You however Himmel, are always welcome in my home for when you are weary my noble friend."

He crossed his arms, looking at Finch as if he'd just thought of something.

"Oh... and also... Looks like you want to use your shadow as a crutch. If it's so strong, why is it afraid? Why does it hide in such a weak... pathetic... host?"

Make her mad. Get her to see just how much she needed to learn. Make her fight.
Back to top Go down
Pesty

Pesty

Amok [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amok [open]   Amok [open] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 5:04 pm

Himmel ground his beak in thought as he surveyed Shayd bowing to him. The gryphon bent a knee and bowed in return, chittering in a positive manner. No doubt he wouldn't mind visiting Shayd's territory and would love to check in on those he had first met there. However the gryphon's comfort was slowly churning into discomfort at the negative tones the two were using between them. He flared his wings lightly, coming up from his bow to bound for the shore, shaking his ruffled feathers and enjoying his freedom as he waited for them to come to a conclusion.

Finch deftly caught the lockpick and just as easily unlocked herself. She slipped the lockpick into her belt before rounding up on Shayd, marching towards him so their toes touched. "Do not speak of things you do not understand, it's a grand ASSumption to determine that I would let my child live in the state I did as a hatchling. He is clean, healthy and a sharp boy for his age." the real issue here was not that Shayd had attempted to insult her concerning truths, her curse and her body, but that he had jabbed at her maternal instincts and the upbringing of her child.

"You know nothing of my curse. It keeps me the way I am so I cannot fly freely. And I would not have it any other way, I can handle it by now and have resigned to my fate as long as it does not breach my soul and go for my young nor my friends." she was shorter than Shayd but it did not stop her from leveling her eyes with him as an equal, albeit wearily. "...please Master. If I am accepted to return, is there room for my hatchling and nanny? I grew up with little contact with my parents and I do not aim to raise my son the same way."
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

Amok [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amok [open]   Amok [open] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 11:04 pm

Becoming a mother had matured her, tempered her beyond normal means. Moreso than Shayd ever could have done for her. He listened to her speak, amber eyes staring into the girl's. That was the fire he'd seen before... But it burned differently, with different fuel.

"Yes, your kin will be allowed to arrive with you. He may need to take classes with the other youngling in my care."
Back to top Go down
Pesty

Pesty

Amok [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amok [open]   Amok [open] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 11:33 pm

She didn't know what to expect when he opened his mouth but felt a degree of relief she could not describe when he gave her an answer. Finch's defensive guard lowered considerably and she took a few steps back to observe Himmel. "Hm. He has just turned three and has only had home schooling with non-humans. It will be different for him..." her voice trailed off as she murmured incoherently in thought. With a blink Finch looked to Shayd again.

"So. Where is your new location?" no doubt she would need to start as soon as possible to make up for lost time.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

Amok [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amok [open]   Amok [open] I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 9:03 pm

"The Crimera Woodlands, a days walk from here." He turned and started his step. "Luckily, the night is coming, half a day if the beast is ready." He looked at Himmel, stepping forward and lifting his sleeve in a test. It didn't burn. Excellent. "We will make excellent time then. Where is your son, we should be heading out quickly."

His eyes turned around and faced the girl. "Also, his peer is not of human origin either. He'll fit in just fine."
Back to top Go down
Pesty

Pesty

Amok [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amok [open]   Amok [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 6:29 pm

When Shayd began to walk she followed along behind the man. Himmel's crest erected when Shayd approached him with an arm raised, wings fluttering nervously. He wasn't sure what the man expected him to do, maybe he could get a treat out of this? Once Shayd simply dropped his arm Himmel sulked and moved to Finch as she held her right hand up with a finger pointing to the sky. She gripped the gryphon's ruff and heaved herself up his back as he crouched somewhat and began to stretch his wings.

"That's the thing, Master, I have my son hidden. It's a short fly to get him. Mmm pleased to hear he'll have non-humans about...now. I trust you, to an extent, so if you'd like I will take you to where my son is hidden. You can even meet Himmel's brood if you've the time. Otherwise, this is where I depart and will meet you back at your estate by morning." Finch looked down at Shayd, unsure if he would take the offer or not. You just never knew with him.

Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

Amok [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amok [open]   Amok [open] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 2:20 am

"I will meet you at the Manor. You can see it from the air. Do be sure that Himmel is comfortable in the barn. It has all the luxuries of the manor, just as our Dragon friend enjoys. Himmel will be quite at home there." He turned to the girl one last time, lifting his hood back over his head.

"It is good to see you... I feared the worst after the fire in Shayz'renth. I'm glad you survived." With that he turned back around, seeming to shrink into the darkness as he vanished away.
Back to top Go down
Pesty

Pesty

Amok [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amok [open]   Amok [open] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 2:43 am

Oh shit she had almost forgotten; the dragon Dante and Xala. Finch had a djinn at one point and one of the three wishes she had was for them to be able to have offspring together despite it being an interspecies bond. It would be...interesting to be around them again. Patting Himmel's neck she looked to her Master as he turned around for a final time. It was stunning, Shayd hardly said such things and Finch herself has never heard someone say it was good to see her and that they were glad she came out alive.

She nodded her head respectfully before he turned to blend into the shadows. "Likewise, old man." kissing Himmel's head she got in sync with the cobalt gryphon and they took off into the air from the shore.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Amok [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amok [open]   Amok [open] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Amok [open]
Page 1 of 1