Aeternus
You must login or register to have full access to the forum. To register, keep in mind that your account name DOES NOT need to be your character's name. We use the "one account per player" method, as such numerous characters can be tied to one account.
Aeternus
You must login or register to have full access to the forum. To register, keep in mind that your account name DOES NOT need to be your character's name. We use the "one account per player" method, as such numerous characters can be tied to one account.
Aeternus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeternus is a medieval RP forum with an in depth and complex fantasy setting.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Affiliates
free forum The RPG Collection
Looking for truths Possible2b
Chatbox
Window
YOUR POSTS CLICK ME!
omg

Looking for truths

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Catherine_lafayette

Catherine_lafayette

Looking for truths Empty
PostSubject: Looking for truths   Looking for truths I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 3:27 am

He stood outside the manor they said was her's. He had been in town a few nights ago and over heard a guard talking about a friend of his and his beautiful wife Catherine. Az knew that Catherine was a common name this days but it was when he was describing the woman that he knew with out a doubt it was her. His mother was here, and from what he had gathered, had been here for a little over three year. He could not believe it. Why would she come here and not come to get him?

He stood in the darkness and watched the manor. He watched as the candles in the great hall were lit and as a older man rode in on a horse. Az stood there for what seemed like hours. He watched through the big bay windows as a man and little girl embraced. They looked like father and daughter. She has moved on. She has a new family. Has she forgotten about me? His mind asks as he watches the scene in front of him.

Turning back the way he had come he knew the person he could talk to. He heads to his uncle's mansion. He needed answers and if he could count on anything it was the fact that Robert Lafayette would know if she was really here.

It was close to mid-night when Az reached Robert's home. Walking up to the front door he reaches up for the heavy door knocker and knocks on the door. Then he waits for someone inside to answer. The questions keep running through his mind as the young vampire stands waiting for his uncle. It felt as if he was a young boy of ten again coming to a strange land and not understanding why his mother had sent him away. He would not think of that time again. He swore that day that he would become a man she could be proud of and he felt that he had.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

Looking for truths Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for truths   Looking for truths I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 5:52 pm

What... Was that smell?

The waft of scent that floated through his window was one that was very familiar... Oh... Someone was here.

He stood up from his chair, placing the book he was reading by the firelight upon the armrest and lifted himself toward the door. Walking his way down the spiral he took another wiff. Catherine? He shook his head, no...

At the bottom of the stairs he stepped to the door, one hand behind his back where his blade was placed, one hand on the door knob itself.

"Whatever it is you are selling, I want no part of-" He swung open the door, a look of ever so slight distaste crossing his face. The nephew... A family visit eh? He hadn't had one of those before... How intriguing.

"Hello nephew. Far from home are we? Oh of course you aren't. My home is your home of course. Come in."
Back to top Go down
Catherine_lafayette

Catherine_lafayette

Looking for truths Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for truths   Looking for truths I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 8:12 pm

Azreal frowns as he looks at Robert. Would he even know? Az wasn't sure but he was here now and there was no turning back. "Hello Robert. Sorry to be calling this late but I need information and am hoping you can provide it." He says as he enters the house. He needed to know if his mother was here in the country and how long she had been here. He could not understand why she wouldn't contact him if she was here though.

Azreal walks into the sitting room and takes a seat. "I was in a village in Revera a few nights ago and heard some of the guards talking and one of them said something that surprised me. They said that a woman named Catherine had been in town and she was married to a friend of his. I didn't think anything of it until the man described her. The woman he described sounded a lot like my mother. Do you know if she is in the country?" He asks softly as he faces his uncle.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

Looking for truths Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for truths   Looking for truths I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 6:42 pm

Robert sat himself down in an armchair behind his desk, waving for Az to sit across from him.

"I have to say I'm a bit surprised she left you in the dark Azreal." He ran a hand through his hair and looked him in the eyes. He looked a bit too much like his father, it was... unsettling.

When Shayz'renth had that drought, many people took to the seas and came here Az. Your mother was included. Even the thieves and bandits moved over here. I've tried my best to rebuild our manor to its formor glory... Of course... You are welcome to stay as you see fit." He leaned back in his chair and smirked at him.

"What do you know of this man your mother is connected to?"
Back to top Go down
Catherine_lafayette

Catherine_lafayette

Looking for truths Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for truths   Looking for truths I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 9:09 pm

Az sits in the chair across from his uncle. "You have done well fixing up your childhood home. And thank you for saying I am welcome to stay but I am sure you remember that my mother's and your's sires manor has been home for the last forty years. Since mother sent me here all those years ago I have tried to make my own name."

Raising a brow at Roberts question about the man. "I know nothing of him. I heard his name and that is all. Sig or something along that line. I did see him, anyways I think it was him and a little girl, when I went by the house I found to be her's. Is he an evil man? Is my mother in some danger?" He asks as he leans forward.

"Is this something to do with my father? Has he returned? Mother told me he died after Kalmindon...did she lie?" It had been forty years since he thought of Nym. He believed him to be gone out of his life for good.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

Looking for truths Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for truths   Looking for truths I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 9:16 pm

Robert leaned against the desk and looked over Azreal quizzically. "Really. In the dark. My is she quite the cold one." Making a name for himself was a good idea. Of course, Whats to say that getting the fledglings heart pumping wasn't out of line.

"Dangerous? Of course. He's a mercenary. Very astute one even. Might have even been paid to kill your mother for all I know." He shrugged his shoulders, amber eyes staring at Azreal.

"Grow up a little Az. Go investigate. It's your mother. Signal Brighteyes. Find him. Make your own judgements."
Back to top Go down
Catherine_lafayette

Catherine_lafayette

Looking for truths Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for truths   Looking for truths I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 2:04 pm

"Mother is not cold. I am sure should had some reason for leaving me in the dark all this time." He says firmly. Sitting straighter he looks at his uncle again.

Az frowns when Robert tells him to grow up. "I am not some little whelp looking to be coddled and patted on the head and told there are not monsters in the dark. I am the spawn of the monsters. I still remember the stories she used to tell me about you and my father. Catherine was scared of the both of you. Here was a woman who was feared by many for over a hundred years and yet the two of you scared her. She told me that you and Nym Mourn..." He says the name as if it was acid on his tongue "were nightmares made flesh."

Shaking his head he stands. "But I will do as you suggest and investigate for myself. I was only hopping you could help. Thank you for what information you have given me, Uncle. I will call on them tomorrow night after sunset." With that said he bows his head and takes his leave. Heading for his own home he has been given much to think about for the night.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

Looking for truths Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for truths   Looking for truths I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 5:43 pm

Robert laced his fingers under his chin, smirking that knowing smirk. "Flattery gets you no where Nephew. However, I will tell you that giving you the answers isn't helping you. No need to get flustered."

As he stood up to see Az out he leaned forward,

"Nightmare made flesh... Is hardly what I'd call what your father was. No nightmare can imagine the hell he wrought. I wonder sometimes if you have his potential. To be the best warrior sired... or if I'll have to cut you down myself. Do be careful to stay on your mother's side of the path... As recent as she is to be on it."

He nodded his head in respect.

"Oh... and send my love to your mother. She hardly ever writes anymore." With a smirk, he closed the door.
Back to top Go down
Catherine_lafayette

Catherine_lafayette

Looking for truths Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for truths   Looking for truths I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 4:23 pm

Azreal wakes and starts his evening. He rides through the evening and finds his was to her home. He wasn't sure the the welcome that awaited him but h had to see her. As his horse makes its way up to the house he sighs softly. He just couldn't figure out why she would not come for him sooner. Dismounting he walks up to the door and knocks. He could see the candles lit through the large windows. It looked like a loving home. Could Robert be wrong? Could his mother actually be happy and not in any danger at all? And what of the little girl he saw last night? He had a lot to think about and find out.

A laughing Catherine opens the door and as she looks up at the man in front of her, her laugh dies suddenly. She blinks her eyes a few times to make sure she is seeing what she saw at first. It had been many years since she had last seen his face. He had still been a babe the last she had looked into his eyes, okay a boy of ten but to her a babe. Catherine would know him anywhere no matter how many years had passed. "Azreal? Son?" Her voice is soft as she reaches for him.

"Hello mother, you are looking well." He says as she reaches for him. He walks closer to her. She really did look happy. Az would meet this man and make his own judgement. Robert could be wrong.

Catherine takes a breath and gather him into her arms. She knew that Sig and Fayte would come looking for her if she did not return soon but how does one surprise their family with a lon lost son? Looking at Az standing there she could see parts of herself and Nym but he was her son.

There was so much he wanted to ask her but being in her arms again he forgets it all. It was as if it was the last day and they were going to part ways again. "Mother." He sighs soft and breaths in her scent. This was Catherine so loving and kind. He knew that she would not turn him away.

Pulling out of the hug she takes his hand. "I have some people I want you to meet. They have become my family. I hope they will be your's as well." She says as she kisses his cheek and leads him into her home. "Sig! Fayte! Where are you two?" She calls as she leads her son down the hall. "I have someone for you to meet. Someone I thought I would never see again." She says softly looking back at Az still not believing he was here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Looking for truths Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for truths   Looking for truths I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for truths
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aeternus :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: