Aeternus
You must login or register to have full access to the forum. To register, keep in mind that your account name DOES NOT need to be your character's name. We use the "one account per player" method, as such numerous characters can be tied to one account.
Aeternus
You must login or register to have full access to the forum. To register, keep in mind that your account name DOES NOT need to be your character's name. We use the "one account per player" method, as such numerous characters can be tied to one account.
Aeternus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeternus is a medieval RP forum with an in depth and complex fantasy setting.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Affiliates
free forum The RPG Collection
I dream of Genie. Possible2b
Chatbox
Window
YOUR POSTS CLICK ME!
omg

I dream of Genie.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

I dream of Genie. Empty
PostSubject: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 11:44 pm

The chiming of the tones went through the air of the city, creating a childish and bright atmosphere. The city's children were all a running around, jumping and screaming at each other, ready for the food and the games. A man with dark brown hair and a wicked smile was walking amongst them, his top hat and coat showing him for what he was, a ring leader. He laughed and waved before making his way to the stage that had been a carriage not two hours ago. He opened his hands and let out a whooping yell for all to hear.

"Hello ladies and gentlemen! Tonight we are giving you the fun you've been missing, the mystery you've been craving, and the sweets your tongue couldn't live without! Enjoy the fair until the sun sets... then enjoy the show! Buy your tickets, play our games! See what you win! Do not miss what you might lose! It's all in good fun!"

He hopped down to be pulled over toward various booths and heard people from all around asking for help with a certain game or to hear a joke or two. Jace stepped through the crowd, smiling and grinning like a bafoon before coming to a small tent with a woman on it. She was a fortune teller that they had picked up from one of the other cities. She had been a rather good sport and Jace was always good at finding good talent, and so he did. He allowed her to tell peoples fortunes all over the country.

As he neared her booth, he saw her yelling at a man, who was holding what seemed to be a dagger. "You are not worthy of that instrument boy, not worthy, not worthy!" the lad just shook his head and hopped back from the old woman. Jace sped his walk and snatched it readily whne the boy's attention was elsewhere. "Where's your sportsmanship boy, make it a game! Winner gets the dagger!" The boy grinned and looked Jace in the eyes. He was a teen, maybe 16 years or so, so almost full grown. "Whatchu want? A wrestlin competition?" Jace shook his head and pointed to the woman, "Let her decided."

She looked at Jace and back to the boy, "A riddle game. Winner gets the dagger."

Jace smiled and looked to the boy. "You first." The boy smiled and thought for a moment.

"What's round sometimes, half sometimes, has two cheeks, has light sometimes, and dark sometimes?"

Jace chuckled and looked at the ground. "You are playing with words there boy, but it's the moon." He winked and the boy cracked up laughing, his friend joining in.

"My turn." he reached into his pocket and held a bottle. "Drink from the bottle without breaking it or opening it."

The boy stared at it and turned it around, looking for a hole of some sort. "uh..." He fiddled with it and tossed it back. "It's impossible! You do it!"

Jace grinned and reached into his pocket, pulling out yet another bottle of water. He opened that one and flipped the first bottle. The bottom had a slight indention in it, so when he poured, it held a slight amount in the dent on the bottom. He drank the liquid and winked at the boy, who stared dumbstruck. "There," Jace said. "I've drank from it." The boy just scoffed and walked away.

Jace handed the dagger to the woman, who promptly returned it. "You have a good heart Jace, and a brilliant mind. You are worthy of it more than any man." Jace looked at the dagger and smiled at the old woman. "Thank you very much fortunado." he bowed deeply before returning to the festivities, the dagger secured on his belt.

Hours passed since the show finished, and Jace was sleeping in his cot on the carriage. He had slipped the dagger under his pillow and in his sleep, he slipped his hand inside and grasped it, his hand sliding over it, giving a slight rub.
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

I dream of Genie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 12:10 am

Karma was jostled awake by the sensation of being thrown forward. She whimpered quietly, wishing it was only a dream. She had expired her more recent master what felt like only a few days ago...though the amount she slept it could have been years. The darkness that surrounded her gave way to an equally dark atmosphere, indicating that wherever she was, she was inside and it was night time. Karma stood stock still and surveyed her surroundings, which appeared to be a private area inside a carriage. It seemed familiar though, like how she used to travel. It was a little different, but no doubt it was due to the evolution of cultures and contraptions over the centuries.

Coin-like eyes fell upon a man sleeping on a cot, his hand comfortably stuffed beneath his pillow where she could barely see the hilt of her jambiya. This was her master. Karma sighed quietly and sat on a pile of something so her face was just mere inches from his. There was no need to wake her new master. In her past experience, she learned they did not like that at all, and would lash out at her.

A few minutes passed and she started to grow bored. She peeled her staring eyes off of the sleeping man and looked around her again, now that her eyes were adjusted to the darkness. There were some fun looking things in this carriage! Perhaps things wouldn't be so bad this time...she had to remain optimistic. Her gaze returned to her master where she leaned in ever so slowly and quietly, intrigued by what she could have sworn she just saw. A torch passed by a small opening in the carriage and provided a brief moment of light. Did he...have green hair?

Her heart fluttered for a second. Green hair! She had purple hair! Perhaps her optimism wasn't just playing tricks on her! No--she had to calm herself...no reason to get so excited just yet. She wanted him to wake up, she wanted to meet her new master! For the first time in many, many years, she wanted to meet the object of her affection and servitude.

"Wake up Master."
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

I dream of Genie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 12:29 am

Jace heard the voice in his head first. He dreamed a woman was calling to him... His mother perhaps. He opened his eyes slowly and looked at the woman before him... Not his mother. He had been sleeping rarely lately, so he was rather confused as to what was going on. "hello?" he said slipping his leg out o the covers. He sttod up fully, wearing only his black trousers. "what do I owe the pleasure?" he smiled at her brightly before taking few steps toward the door. If she attacked, hed be ready. In his hand was the dagger, he had it loosely tapping agianst his thigh. So as to not be threatening, but still in sight. He wanted her to be comfortable but He wasnt stupid.
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

I dream of Genie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 12:41 am

Karma blinked at the eyes and smiled back, scooting back slightly to give him some space to stand up. Those golden eyes watched him move away from the bed with her jambiya. He was semi-nude and much taller than her, but she shook terrified thoughts from her mind, telling herself it was because that was how he slept!

The genie nodded to the dagger in his grasp, "That dagger of yours...do you know how special it is?" She stood too, standing at a mere five feet and six inches compared to him, "You owe nothing for the pleasure Master, I am here to serve you. I offer you three wishes...whatever you desire, it is yours!"

She took a bow, "My name is Karmelita, but you may call me Karma. Or whatever you like really, my very name is at your disposal. I am yours to control." She hated saying that...but it was the truth. Karma wanted greatly to know more of her master, but it was not polite to interrogate him so early on. She would learn more about the nature of her new home and command before long, she assumed.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

I dream of Genie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 12:49 am

Jace stared at the woman for a moment sizng up what she said. So shes a genie? Yeah tight, that only happened in fairy tales. No this was just some girl wanting to join in the circus but had no power. "And if I refuse to make these wishes? You are your own person. You serve no one, much less me. Slavery is not tolerated in my circus thank you." he laughed a bit before puttibg the knife on the table. She wasnt leaving...

"do you really believe you are a Genie? And stop saying things like I control your name. Thats crazy." he shook his head before lighting a lantern. Ohh she was a pretty one. She could attract paying customers! He raised a hand. " alright you can stay if you wish... I like that hair. Purple looks good for you. Personally I wish my hair was bright green. That would be something new, wouldnt it?" he had no idea what was coming next.
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

I dream of Genie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 1:09 am

"If you refuse to make these wishes, you are stuck with me until you change your mind."

Karma's smile didn't waver until he continued to say how she was her own person, at which she frowned. Oh how she wished it were true. She could wish and wish and wish all she wanted...

She bowed her head in thanks of his compliment, pleased that her Master found enjoyment in her appearance. Sort of. She liked purple too. Karma grinned maliciously when he made his statement and suddenly clapped her hands together. At the impact, a whispy black cloud of smoke erupted and dissipated almost immediately. She grabbed a mirror from the top of a box and blew on it, brushing it off before turning it around so it showed his reflection. Her head cocked to the side and her face presented a mischievous smirk, "I agree, it is a new look for you. I like that hair. Green looks good for you."
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

I dream of Genie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 1:23 am

Joek blinked when she clapped her hands. Without warning he was covered in smoke. Upon looking at the mirror he ran a hand through his hair. The dark brown was gone. In its place was neon green hair. His mouth opened in a smile before turning to Karma. "well done great trick..." he stepped out into the night slipping on his jacket and walking rather fast. As she followed he yelled behind him. " I am no ones master!" he continued walking until he was at the fire pit they had eaten lunch at.

"Karma. You are not my slave. I dont have slaves I dont want slaves you are... A friend." he was so against it that he made a solemn swear to himself that hed make no wish of her. That she just needed to learn herself was all. He started the fire and looked at the girl. Alright... What do you want?"
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

I dream of Genie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 1:37 am

Karma snickered at his reaction, but was happy that he was pleased with his decision. Usually, her masters did not take so kindly to "oops" wishes. She followed him out and laughed at his exclamation, "Ah! So my name is 'No one'. Not the most gentle name I've been deemed, but certainly not the most harsh."

She move around the fire as he told her what she was not and shrugged slightly. She had been told that once or twice before. It didn't take long before she was on her back, doubled over, or huddled up. No matter which position she ended up in, it was never pleasant. Her eyes became lost in the flickering light but she seemed to wear such a permanent little smile, "I want so many things. I think I want a glass of wine right now." She wanted freedom...she wanted to forget...she wanted to be born all over again. But those were big things to ask!! A glass of wine was small and pleasant, and a true desire. The last time she had wine, it was thrown in her face. She didn't get to taste it at all!

"What do you want, Master? And don't worry! So long as you don't say the magic words, I won't make these things suddenly appear."
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

I dream of Genie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 2:12 am

Well wine wasnt hard... He stould up and grabbed a bottle from a bag by the horse. It was a leather winebag. He tossed it to her and smiled. " enjoy". At her sad eyes he smiled broadly at her and tapped her on the head."hey wanna see me do a trick?" he seemes to melt right there, turning into a fox right in front of her. He was a little red fox and suddenly Jace began to shiver. he shivered rather hard and shook and suddenly his fur turned neon green, like his hair. He ran up to Karma and tilted his head at her putting one paw on her leg before changing back.

"other than wine? Ummm I always wanted to play my show to the leader of the imperiorium... Just to see if I could get a smile out of him." he grinned and poked her in the forehead. "we are friends now." He tapped his own forehead. "Ill got your back." he loojed at the sky and went wide eyed. "so youve been trapped gor a long time, right? Follow me" he transformed again and took off running. He made his way to the nearby cliff and changed so he could sit on the edge. "sunrise..." he patted the seat beside him.
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

I dream of Genie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 2:23 am

Karma caught the winebag and took a few swigs, savoring the rich taste of the red liquid. She looked over the raised bottom of the leather to watch him transform, at which she squealed with delight and clapped her hands happily. When he changed the color of his fur she gasped and patted him on the head when he came near enough.

She grinned when he expressed what he wanted and nodded, "Then we'll give him a show! Just...what kind of shows do you put on?" With that, he was off again, a fast green fox. Karma laughed a little and followed as ordered until she came upon the cliff he sat at. It was still dark but as he said, sunrise would be starting soon.

Sitting down next to him, she let her legs dangle over the edge and looked out over the horizon, "I...I haven't seen a sunrise in ages." The truth was, she hadn't seen one she liked in ages. Sunrise was the indication that her master would be rising soon, as they were diurnal beasts and operated under daylight like some photosynthesized creatures. Slowly, the sky began to take on a dark red violet hue. It was a pretty color...the temperature was easy on the skin...and there was a gentle breeze. Karma smiled happily, "It's so pretty. Thank you."
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

I dream of Genie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 2:30 am

To be honest, Jace didnt know he had turned green and wouldnt know till the next day. He enjoyed the pet a bit and once he was watching the sunrise, he pushed his hair down to better look at it. It was a perfect shade of green. Oh hed be noticable now. He realized she spoke a moment later and waved her off. "dont worry it happens everyday so get used to it." he grinned before standing back up and stretching. Well if you will be staying with us, you will need an act... Something to show off tothe crowd! Now we have a few juggalers who could train you or maybe a clown? Nahh itd be a waste... Do you have any talents? Non magical I mean."

Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

I dream of Genie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 10:11 am

Karma looked up quickly and blinked, processing a million things in her mind. The carriage, his want for green hair, the mention of shows...he was the owner of a traveling circus. The genie's face almost broke in half with the happy smile. She was kind of glad he was waiting on his wishes, this felt like home! She was finally in her natural environment. Karma could finally be herself...she could finally be happy.

She took to her own feet and shrugged, "I've got a few tricks up my sleeve. I-I used to be a cirque performer before I became what I am now. Let's see...I can juggle, balance, aerial silk dance, fire manipulate--without magic, acrobatics, sub-aquatic dancing, sword swallowing, and oh who am I kidding...Master, I can do many things. Listing them all will make me seem over confident, but I can assure you I will be very good for your circus."

Karma was genuinely excited about this new gig. Perhaps the fates decided she had had enough punishment for the past few hundred years and were rewarding her with her steadfastness and desire to stay optimistic.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

I dream of Genie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 3:47 pm

Jace looked the girl over and smiled along with her. "That's quite an impressive list!" He poked her on the forehead again though and added, "Don't call me master though... My name is Jace." He stood up from the cliffside and pulled her back toward where an opening in the field was. He held up a hand to motion for her to wait there before running through the forest and giving a high pitched whistle. A few minutes later a woman came walking through the brush, blinking in the sunlight. She was wearing a long night gown and a slightly agitated look on her face. "Jace... What the hell... don't you know what time it- What happened to you hair!" She pointed at his new gift and quickly ran up, fussing over him. "Seriously! Now if you get in trouble people will know exactly which one you are! You'll have to shave it off and hope it grows back brown!" Jace pushed her off and then pointed to Karma.

"Tori! This is Karma! She's a genie that is going to give us a show! Splendid, isn't it?" He walked over to Karma and gave her a grin. "Karma, this is Victoria. She's the contortionist that found me when I was a kid." He grinned and Victoria gave a sigh. "Yeah, my mother had me go out for water and I ran up on him, face down in it, drinking all he could. Stupid boy."

Jace shrugged and pointed to Karma. "Go on! Show us what you have!" Victoria held up a hand. "Wait! If she's a genie, then I wish that we had all the gold we'd ever need!" She smiled brightly and Jace bopped her on the head. "No Tori! We don't ask our guests for money! That is beyond rude!" Victoria scoffed and sat down on a tree stump. "You are such a child Jace."
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

I dream of Genie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 4:12 pm

She squirmed a bit when he poked her in the forehead and rubbed the spot, "Ok, ok, Jace then. His constant movement made her giggle a bit though, he really was like a fox! Always on the move, unpredictable. It should have made her nervous, but it only made her smile.

Standing in the middle of the field she laced her fingers behind her back and wobbled side to side, moving to music only she could hear. The whistle caught her attention and brought her back to the real world once more to see a woman emerging with him. She was so pretty! And a contortionist? Karma could do some contortionism, perhaps this Victoria-lady could teach her a few things.

When she made the wish Karma sighed and shook her head, "I'm sorry m'lady, I can only grant wishes to Jace. If you really want gold, you'll have to convince him to ask for it." She stood in thought for a moment...what to shower her new master that would impress him. Karma held out her hands with her palms up, a ball of fire in each one suddenly popping out of nowhere. An invisible string held them to her hands and she let him drop before beginning to spin them in an easy flowing pattern. As she warmed up, she became more comfortable, and the pattern became a series of stunts and tricks. Under the leg sweet, backflips, buzzsaws, body wraps, and more. They were seamlessly organized into an improvised dance...to the music she heard in her mind. She stopped suddenly and placed the balls of fire in her mouth. They settled there, still lit. Her thumb and two fingers gently pulled on the flame, drawing it out like a flaming rope. Nine feet later, the new fire rope was swung and flailed through the air, wrapping around her body and unwrapping quickly enough not to cause too much discomfort. Singe marks were evident on her skin, to show that she was still in danger. Without props or music, she could only do so much--but she had to do enough to please him. With a whipping motion, the flame suddenly disappeared and she stood there quietly. It was short, sweet, but showed a fraction of her skill. Her hands and arms ached from the pain of the fire, but she liked it. It made her feel alive again!

Karma grinned and gave a small bow, "There's much more. Given the right tools and space, I can give you a show your audience will never forget."
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

I dream of Genie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 4:31 pm

Jace watched on with awe at the show, clapping when she pulled a move that was rather dangerous seeming. Oh she had talents, such amazing talents! He stood once she finished and in normal Ringleader fashion, stepped out in front of her and looked down at his "Audience" of Victoria, "Well there you have it ladies and stump she's sitting on! The amazing! The tremendous, the one that just keeps coming back around! Karma!' He clapped and so did Victoria, who had just as large a smile on her face.

"That was a rather hot performance you have there Karma! I'll have you sit with us at breakfast today, no ifs ands or buts about it!" Victoria stood up and clapped a few more times. "Oh definitely! Karma you are gonna fit right in! Tell me, how do you get your hair that color? Is it magic? I've always wondered what it would be like to have blue or even pink hair!" Jace led the two girls back to the camp and made his way over to the fire, where he promptly told them to sit down while he began to cook up some eggs. As he did so, others from the circus began to come out of their tents, waving to the group and starting up their own fires for breakfast. Once Jace had finished the meal, he placed it on a stone plate and handed it to her. Clay was too fragile for nomads, so they had these stone ones carved. "Enjoy Karma!"

A few minutes later, a large man stepped up behind Jace and ruffled his hair. "What happened to you? Blow your nose into your hair?" Jace looked up at the strong man and shook his head. "Shut up Tim and eat with us. Over there is Karma, the genie who gave my my hair."

Tim looked at her and wrinkled his brow. "Genie? Can she make me even stronger?" Jace shook his head and looked at him. "Tim, you already boast at being the strongest man alive, any more and you'd explode!" The group sat together around the fire and continued eating, Jace finished and pointed to Karma. "We have a new fire performer! I'm going to have her come to town with me today, to stir up some more guests for tonights show!"

The others smiled at her and Victoria ran a hand through her hair, "You are really pretty Karma." She seemed to be in an almost awe about her.
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

I dream of Genie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 4:47 pm

Karma felt herself blush and hugged her face. It had been so very, very long since she was able to do something like that. Only through day-dreaming could she still play with stunts and dance and jump over spike pits of death while her audience oo'ed and aw'ed. She played with her hair, "Oh, I dyed it before I became a genie and it stayed. I can make your hair blue if you want, with magic--like I did for Jace. But only if he says it's ok." It felt silly to have to ask for permission all the time like that, but it was necessary for her magic to even work for anyone else. Stupid genie rules...

She followed along and gratefully took the plate of eggs. The hustle and bustle of the morning, the murmuring, the yawning, the smell of coffee beans roasting over a pit...it took her back to the days she was in a circus. Those days were back! It seemed too good to be true. She just knew she'd wake up any minute and still be stuck in that blade.

Karma froze when Victoria complimented her and she felt her eyes grow a little wet. She stared in disbelief, "Really? You really think so? You are too, Victoria." There was a time that Karma was confident and almost full of herself. She had been broken along the way though. In fact, female interaction had become so scarce to her, it was relieving to have Victoria so willing to socialize with. She looked up at Jace, "When do we go into town? And what town are we in?" Poor scatter-brained gal completely forgot about that little detail. She had no clue where she was.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

I dream of Genie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 4:58 pm

"Bavoine actually. In the republic of Luxur." Tim was the one that answered. Jace blinked and stood up from his spot and pointed over toward where the buildings could be seen. "About an hours walk that way and we are in the market place." Tim stood from his spot too and did a few stretches, "Ladies... Jace, if you'd excuse me, I am in need of preparation for the show later." He nodded his head at them before walking back over toward his tent. He was going to help build up the stage for later. Jace cracked his neck and strolled his way to his own carriage saying, "Tori, take care of Karma for me. I know you have something she could wear." He winked before heading into the carriage to get dressed properly.

Victoria grabbed Karma's hand with a bright smile. "Come on! You have to see my pride and joy!" She pulled the young woman to her own tent and pulled a small chest out from under a blanket. "Take a look!" Inside was multiple costumes of various brightness and colors. Victoria smiled and pointed. "You can borrow whatever you want, until Jace pays you for the performance, then you can buy a few of your own. I'll even show you some of the shops where I got mine! It'll be a lot of fun!" She stood up and made her way to the tent door, stitching it up quickly so no one could peek. She turned around and gave an impatient gesture. "Go on, pick one and change, Jace will be waiting on you. We must find a really flashy one that shows off your... Well I wish I had cleavage like that! I'm so jealous!" She laughed and sat down on a crate, ready to judge the style choice.
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

I dream of Genie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 5:19 pm

Karma looked at Tim and repeated the name of the city under her breath. She had been here before. Karma followed along with Victoria to her tent and knelt by the trunk. When it was opened she couldn't help but let out a little squeal of excitement. So many pretty things! Karma rummaged through, touching the fabric and pulling out a few selections. Waiting until the tent flap was securely closed, she stripped down and started to try a few things on. She blushed when Victoria complimented her breasts and laughed a little, "Careful what you wish for, Tori. They can be a nuisance sometimes!"

Once settled into a silk and velvet pink costume, she sat on her rump on a rug laid out inside the tent. Her top half was the only visible part and to be honest...she looked like a cupcake. The brassiere-like top was a few sizes too small, but they managed to put some tacky substance in between her skin and the fabric to keep any slippage from happening. After a headband was secured in her hair, Karma looked up at Tori with a face of amazement, 'I feel...like a princess." Even when she had been in the circus as a human, her costumes were not that fancy. The introduction of glass beads and metal discs (sequins) made everything so much more flashy! Karma stood up carefully and fluffed the big bustle behind her after she'd been sitting on it. Granted, it was not what she would have originally chosen to perform fire in, but the children would certainly like looking at her...and a pretty pink princess that could breathe fire? Even better!

Karma made her way out the tent and looked around, unable to stop playing with the flowy fabric that made the skirt.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

I dream of Genie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 5:32 pm

Jace was standing outside the tent with a red long jacket on, a bright green vest, to match his hair, a pair of black pants and black shoes. He had his top hat on and a pair of black colored gloves on his hands. He gave a large smile once Karma finally came out of the tent and gave a quick nod to Tori to show that he approved. Once they were ready, Jace started his march toward the city, a young man beside him, playing a flute.

They walked for an hour, chatting and joking, just Jace, Karma, Tori, and the boy with the flute. Upon reaching the gate, Jace led them into the streets, being allowed a wide birth by the people. Oh how excited they were to see some of the circus people here! The children ran up pulling at Tori, telling her to show them her trick again, or dancing around the flute player, who was named Barod. Jace walked them through a few streets before reaching a clearing in front of a pub. He pulled a bag off his back and set them down in front of Karma. He leaned forward and whispered in her ear, "Alright, no magic now ok?" He leaned back, smiling from ear to ear. "Hello all! We are here to show you our newest family member! This fantastic fiery beauty doesn't need an intro, only a flute player, and her toys!" He opened the bag to show various fire instruments. Torches and other such things.

One of the men in the audience began to yell out cat calls. "I'd love to show her some of my toys!" he and his friends began laughing roughly and Jace only took notice for a split second. "Alright Barod, give us a tune for our great performer!" Barod stepped forward and started playing his flute, powerful and slow to start, but soon raising in cadence and rhythm.
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

I dream of Genie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 6:00 pm

When inside the city, she danced with the children around the flute player, Barod, genuinely having a good time. Audience interaction, particularly child audience, was a greatly loved part of any show. Karma peeled the children off of her and made her way to the cleared busking area before the pub, grinning like an idiot. She was going to perform! For the first time in ages!! She wasn't sure how she would be able to thank Jace for all he was giving her, if only there was a way to give him more wishes or something. Anything to show her appreciation.

Karma pulled out one of the smaller torches and a vial of oil, stashing the vial quickly in her belt, and just danced easily with the native flute music until it started to speed up into a happy sound. With a light from a spark, the torch was ablaze. It was small, but it would be used for larger stunts. She did her best to ignore the yells from the annoying men...that was the part of the performing world that she did not appreciate, but she had to deal with anyway. After playing around with the torch for bit, a double staff was lit, then another staff. Her movements were elegant and princess-like. The large, cathedral-wicked rope dart was pulled from the bag after setting the still lit torch on the ground. In one large motion, the skirt of the costume was untied and thrown like a cape and the dart was lit over the torch. The skirt would be in the way of the acrobatics, but she had to make it seem more of an act of power than one of seduction by removing it the way she did. The dart's flame was the size of a small child, and zipped and flew to and fro. It slung around like a dragon, occasionally stopping and changing direction when she'd catch it with her foot or hand.

Carefully, she took a swig of from the vial and spat some on the stone street before her. After a series of sumersaults, handsprings, and kick flips, the dart came slamming down to the street, creating an eruption of fire upon impact with the oil. Spitting out more of the oil from her mouth, the flame remained large enough to engulf a full grown man, and she quickly stepped through it, standing in front of her audience, and giving a bow of gratitude.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

I dream of Genie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 6:22 pm

The crowd oohed and ahhhhed as they she worked her flames. Jace stepped forward slowly and placed his hat upon the ground, allowing them to place their donations while they watched. At the end of her performance, he had quite a few people pay for the service and promise to come to the show that night. It was all and all, a huge success!

A few hours later Jace and the group were sitting at a pub, minding their business, when a man came forward and let out a yell at them. "Hey girlie! I saw you bend last night!" Victoria took a breath and turned around to see a rather nasty looking man coming forward with a few goons with him. Jace narrowed his eyes and leaned forward on the table. The man cocked an eyebrow and got closer to them, pulling up a chair to sit right behind her. "I would loooove to see you put some of that to work in the bedroom.... You like to perform for money don't you? Oh I would pay a lot for a night with you..." Victoria let out a breath and turned toward him. "No thank you sir..." Her voice was stern and she turned back around. The man took a look at Jace and Karma before standing up straight. "Well then... I suppose I'll just have to ask again tonight... and I won't take no for an answer..." Jace stood in his spot and gave a grin. "Oh.... So you want to come to the show? Why don't you join us?" Tori paled and grabbed his arm. "Jace.. No." Jace continued, "We could use you for our freak show. The man with the worlds smallest manhood. Men would come from all over to feel better about themselves."

The man turned around and grabbed Jace by the throat, lifting him into the air. "You got a loud mouth boy." He turned to the girl and gave a snarl, "Is this little boy lover with you? Look at his faggoty hair..." Jace smirked and promptly shook a blade free from his sleeve and planted it through the arm that held him. The man reeled back, screaming. Jace grabbed Tori and Karma's hands, "Come on! Let's go!" They made a mad dash out of the city and back to camp where Jace started laughing his head off at the whole situation.

"Well now! Let's set up for the show!"

Victoria grabbed Karma by the hand and pulled her to the side. "Be careful with Jace... He... Doesn't really know about consequences... Just be careful alright?"
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

I dream of Genie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 6:42 pm

Karma chowed down on a plate of hot turkey bits when it all went down. She stared in horror as the man propositioned Victoria. Were gentlemen only in fairy tales around here? It was times like those that she wished she were allowed to take lives. Granted, she would have no issue stabbing someone to death, but he outweighed her by a grand amount...she would need magical assistance to take down a beast like that. And magical assistance was only possible through permission.

Before another thought could pass through that mind of hers, Jace took a stand. She openly laughed at the verbal attack briefly, until he was lifted into the air by the throat. When protection of her master was concerned, she did not need permission. Luckily, the sound of wet skin being pierced by a sharp blade interrupted the idea of exposing her identity inside the pub. Jace was dropped and they all scampered out the door to the safety of their camp.

Bewildered by the events, Karma blinked at the laughing Jace and giggled a little herself. Well...it was funny. She smiled at Victoria, "I can tell...I can only be so careful as I am able to. Being controlled by him forces me into a certain amount of close proximity with Jace, but rest assured your words are not disregarded." Her smile faded a little, "That man is going to be at the show. He'll probably try to hurt Jace, and you, after it's over. Do you guys normally have a plan for those kinds of situations?" She assumed they happened somewhat often. Karma, while still able to find the humor in the situation, did find Jace's laughter a bit...odd. He was a unique individual, that was for sure.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

I dream of Genie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 7:00 pm

Victoria nodded and pointed to Tim along with a few others. "If we have issue, we have them to protect us. I already told him to to keep an eye on us." She gave a quick nod and walked back toward her tent. She needed time to realign herself so that she could perform properly. Jace walked his way over to Karma as well and pulled her to the side. "Karma... So when I make the two next wishes... you are going to vanish... aren't you?" He didn't want that so he continued on. "What if my final wish was for you to be free? Would you stay?" He smiled at her and nodded his head. "Ok, I'll do it. I promise my last wish will be to set you free. For now though, I wish that Tori could be happy, no matter what these people say to her. I want her to always have a reason to smile." He grinned and nodded his head. Then though, he got pulled away by one of the men that needed his approval for the show tonight. "We will take care of the rest later!"

The night came quickly and once again, the chimes came and the children ran around with parents following. As they did their performance, Jace worked the stage like a pro, allowed Karma to do her performance. The crowd cheered for her loudly and for a long time, loving the fire and the danger. Jace walked through the crowd after, watching them all play their games when he came across Tim, arm wrestling someone who looked familiar. It was one of the goons at the bar. Jace stepped forward and looked on. "Uh Tim... Where's Tori?" Tim won then and turned around. "Oh she told me that she was just being paranoid... She's been in a really good mood today. She told me that It'd be fine for me to allow her to be back on her own. You know how she likes to show off for the kids and all.

Jace frowned... did his wish backfire? He walked over to her booth and looked around. Tori was nowhere to be found. A couple kids were standing nearby and he asked one of them where the woman had gone. "Oh mister, she had a friend come up and ask her to follow him. She just kinda smiled and said "Why not?" and did.

Jace felt like the air was knocked out of him. He ran around searching for her for over an hour before finding her... She was laying in the mud by the river... her beautiful clothes were torn and dirtied. Jace ran to her and looked around, unable to find the guy that had done this. "Victoria? Tori?" He ran a hand over her face. "Tori!" The girl opened her eyes and looked at him... She was smiling. "Tori... You are hurt... Get up!" She just kept smiling and raised a hand, running it through his hair. "I was scared I wouldn't see you... I like your hair this way Jace...." She began to choke and splutter, the sudden excitement exausting her." Jace picked her up and ran with her to the campsite, bandaging her while everyone else gathered around. Tim turned to Karma. "Can you save? bring her back? Karma! Can you!"
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

I dream of Genie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 7:22 pm

Karma nodded at his question, no longer smiling. If he made his last two wishes, she would disappear. The chances of him finding her jambiya again were slim. She bit her lip but grinned anyway. Sure he would...I promise to set you free was not a rare phrase heard by her. Others said it too, but something always came up, obviously. Who knew, maybe this Jace fellow was the real deal, "I would stay if you freed me." Like she had anywhere else to go. Or wanted to go for that matter. His second wish was voiced and her head nodded in obedience. A small puff of black incense-like smoke snaked from her hands. His wish was selfless, but all things had a consequence. She liked Tori though. Maybe the consequences wouldn't be all that bad.

After the show, Karma meandered around, enjoying the festivities amongst her troupe mates. Jace was nowhere to be found, neither was Tori. She wondered if there was something special going on between them, and so refrained from suddenly appearing near him. That would be rude. Still...she was concerned. Near Victoria's booth were some children playing. Karma approached them and asked if they had seen a green haired man nearby. The little boy rolled his eyes, "Geez, you guys need to keep better track of your friends! He went to go look for another lady. He didn't look too happy though." Karma furrowed her brow and sneaked away behind a cart, where she vanished with a burst of black smoke.

In a second, she appeared beside Joek to find him holding Tori in the mud. Karma's breath left her body with fear. She ran after him as he took off toward the campsite and also knelt beside the girl. Her terrified golden orbs lifted to Tim and shook her head, "I...I don't possess the power of healing, unless Jace wishes for it." Karma swallowed hard, small tears in her eyes, and looked back at Jace, whispering, "It's ok. You can use your last wish to save her."
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

I dream of Genie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 7:35 pm

Jace stared down at the girl in his arms and looked up to Tim. Tim looked at him with anger. "Well there isn't a question about it, wish for it! Now!" Jace swallowed hard and said in a whispering voice. "I-I can't..." Tim grabbed Jace by the collar and brought him to his feet. "What the hell do you mean you can't." Jace looked at the ground and said in a defeated voice. "I promised..."

"You what?"
"I promised to use the last wish to free Karma..."
"No you didn't..." He turned his head and looked at the purple haired girl
"Jace... You are a bloody idiot, you know that!"

One of the other crew held up his hands. "What's the problem! Forget the promise, heal her!"

Tim looked Jace hard in the eyes and set his jaw. "Yes Jace... Why don't you?"

Jace gave a pained expression to Victoria. "Because.... I can't..."

"Fuck you Jace! You fucking can and you fucking will!" He lifted Jace up off the ground and threw him beside Tori. "Our friend is dying there and you are going to help this stranger?" Jace pulled himself to his feet and shook his head. "I...I... Ok.." Tim stepped forward again and pushed him so that he stood next to Victoria's body. She wasn't breathing...

"K-Karma... I'm sorry... I am so sorry...." He picked up Tori's hand and said in a quiet voice. "I wish for you to be free Karma...."

As soon as the words were spoken, Jace's face slammed into the ground thanks to Tim's foot. Jace was out cold. Tim turned to the girl and pointed. "You had better bring Tori back." His face was red in anger. "Forget what he said, You bring Victoria back!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I dream of Genie. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I dream of Genie.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next