Aeternus
You must login or register to have full access to the forum. To register, keep in mind that your account name DOES NOT need to be your character's name. We use the "one account per player" method, as such numerous characters can be tied to one account.
Aeternus
You must login or register to have full access to the forum. To register, keep in mind that your account name DOES NOT need to be your character's name. We use the "one account per player" method, as such numerous characters can be tied to one account.
Aeternus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeternus is a medieval RP forum with an in depth and complex fantasy setting.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Affiliates
free forum The RPG Collection
Night of the Hunter Possible2b
Chatbox
Window
YOUR POSTS CLICK ME!
omg

Night of the Hunter

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

Night of the Hunter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Night of the Hunter   Night of the Hunter I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 11:11 pm

Nighttime was a time where the monsters came out. The time where the daywalkers and fear holders would box themselves up in their little homes and pretend they were safe. But what happened when a daywalker felt the cool of the night and smiled? What if a daywalker became one of the monsters of the night? Feared by even the other monsters that roamed. Joek was humming a small tune while he slowly walked through the streets. He had a cane in his hand and a top hat upon his head as he walked, just itching for someone to start trouble. This was one of the ways that Joek preyed on the people of the city.

Make himself look like a noble, and when someone decides to make sport of him.... earn a very, very well made surprise. He continued to hum, challenging the night to throw what it could for his sport.
Back to top Go down
Erin Castral

Erin Castral

PostSubject: Re: Night of the Hunter   Night of the Hunter I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 9:35 pm

Erin made her way through the shadows, navy eyes calm.
For once, she wasn't out and about simply for the purpose of work for a nice change.
She was out because she wanted to be.
And she heard the tavern was just down this street. Her fair skin reflected the moonlight into her seemingly innocent gaze as she looked around, memorizing every turn easily. She could hear movement and knew she wasn't the only one out for a good time tonight, though she seriously doubted the other night-life-ers where out for the same kind of fun she had in mind.
She had her hood down, her scarlet locks shining in contrast to the night around them. She kept her bow hidden under her cloak, should there be any trouble with one of the other wanderers.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Night of the Hunter   Night of the Hunter I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 6:36 pm

It would seem this part of town already had him pegged. Perhaps he would find something fun to do somewhere else? He hadn't been to the tavern here in a while, perhaps a pint or two would loosen some lips to tell where some coin could be taken from. Perhaps he would return to the days of old where he stole for fun... No blood, just fun. Though blood was fun as well.

Joek stepped into the tavern, tossing the hat and cane to the side to be forgotten, instead allowing his dark green hair and smile do the impression making.

He stepped up to the bar, tossed a coin and asked a for a glass of water. Sure it was free, but tips were a way to get on a bartender's good side. Which was a great place to be in the world of information.
Back to top Go down
Erin Castral

Erin Castral

PostSubject: Re: Night of the Hunter   Night of the Hunter I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 6:48 pm

Erin walked in and shrugged off her coat with a relieved sigh, hanging it on the hook beside the door to retrieve the day after.
Eyes thin slits she looked around for anyone of interest as she made her way to the bar,
"Ale," she said calmly as she layed some coin down. She sat at the bar with a sigh, stretching her limbs as she turned to her fellow patron and nodded, noting his unique colored hair.
So she wasn't the only strange one here? That was alright with her, the strange ones were always the most fun.

Finally, she'd formulated what she wanted to say and nodded towards his glass, "Water?" she asked calmly, "why's that? You've clearly only had one glass-if any, so it's obviously not to sober up. Perhaps you just enjoy the sight of curios innocents making druken fools of themselves with any man they see that they might think would anger their father? Is that it?"
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Night of the Hunter   Night of the Hunter I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 7:37 pm

Joek turned and scanned the area, even taking note of the redhead who sat next to him. Oh how much this town could offer. So many different types. So much to do.

He blinked as she spoke, turning to her slowly, smiling a rather large smile.

"Oh? Well aren't you interesting." His smile remained as he turned toward her, leaning on the counter and sizing her up.

"Do you ask because you are one of those curious innocents that you spoke of before? For if you are I must state my flattery in declination. I ask only because I find myself wondering if you are even old enough to enjoy Ale." His voice wasn't condescending, more... curious.

"To answer your question though, I drink water because if during downtime you are to be relaxed instead of stressed, and a fool instead of a philosopher, well... I'm a fool on normal days."

He tilted his head slightly at her, tapping a gloved hand on his chin.

"But you do bring up a lovely question of my own. What brings you to our sleepy town? Passing through? Here for a good time? Wishing to make your father ashamed?"
Back to top Go down
Erin Castral

Erin Castral

PostSubject: Re: Night of the Hunter   Night of the Hunter I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 7:46 pm

His questions made her smirk, batting her sooty eyelashes
slowly, studying him. He seemed...intrigueing.
She could tell he knew that his prescence could draw someone in.
Her eyes took note of every move he made as she listened to his questions and scoffed, "I should say not, for I have no father to shame. And I can assure you, I am not one of the doe-eyed
youths I spoke of before. Much rather just the opposite.
I find their kind much to naiive for my tastes. As for why I'm here..."
Her eyes scanned his form as a small smile crept onto her lips, "I think we both know the answer to that..."
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Night of the Hunter   Night of the Hunter I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 7:55 pm

Joek only smiled a bit more, leaning a bit heavier on the bar. "You are such an eloquent speaker. Bravo to you." He clapped his hands gently.

He cocked an eyebrow once more at this girl, amusement riddling his features as he gazed.

"My dear every doe eyed girl says such things, just before they step themselves into danger." He shrugged his shoulders, looking around the room. "Dangerous times indeed." He took a sip of his water, sliding it from himself for a moment and turning back to her.

"No father! I've never heard of such a thing!" He gave a sidelong glance at the barkeep, "Have you?"

The bartender just gave a quick smirk and walked to the otherside of the bar.

At her last words, he let his look of amusement filter down to one of curiousity.

"Do we? If you are here to kill me, then I'd say you are a rather different sort of assassin. What can I help you with?"
Back to top Go down
Erin Castral

Erin Castral

PostSubject: Re: Night of the Hunter   Night of the Hunter I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 8:05 pm

She smirked, "I've been around the square and back a few times. I might even daresay more than you, though I doubt it..."
She scoffed softly at his exclamation, surely it couldn't be such a rare thing, "I suppose somewhere I have one, but not one to speak of."
At his remark, her eyebrows instantly snapped up. How could he possibly know that she was an assassin?
She knew for a fact he couldn't see her weapons. She slid her bewilderment under the rug and turned to take a sip of the bitter lquid in her cup, "I'm merely here for a way to escape the troubles of life, I assure you," she paused, turning back to the bar, "If I were here to kill you, you'd already be dead and none the wiser of my existence in the world...." with that, she extended her left hand across her torso in greeting, "You may call me Erin."
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Night of the Hunter   Night of the Hunter I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 8:25 pm

This girl had guts. It was cute.

Joek reached his own hand out, shaking hers. "Perhaps I would surprise you." He took another sip of his water, releasing her hand and bowing his head slightly.

"My name is of what I am. Joek." The guy sitting at the nearest table stood up suddenly and made his way toward the door at a brisk pace.

"Don't mind him. He owes me money is all."

With a quick sweep of the room, he turned his attention back to her. "Well if you are able to kill me without my knowledge of your existence, I'd go out on a limb and say you are an Assassin. Interesting how fast they get the training done these days... or are you homeschooled?"
Back to top Go down
Erin Castral

Erin Castral

PostSubject: Re: Night of the Hunter   Night of the Hunter I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 8:54 pm

She dipped her head briefly in response, "I am an assassin
bred through despiration and a knack for stealth. Come to think of it, when offered the job, I scoffed at it. Now? Well, I can't tell you that...who's to say you weren't hired to kill me. Perhaps an assassin for an assassin?" She finished off her ale in one deep drink and sat it down. "That is what haunts me. It is with no small frustration that I admit you are rather....unique, for I can tell nothing about you rather than that you quite like mind games..."
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Night of the Hunter   Night of the Hunter I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 9:08 pm

"Unique? I agree that I've been called that a few times." He took another drink of his water, placing it to the side and running a hand through his hair. "Homeschooled it is then. How refreshing. I was getting tired of all these... Assassin Clans or Cults or whatever they call them." With a shrug, he spun back round and faced her.

"I am many things. An Assassin I am not. See... they do what they do for money." He left that vague on purpose, He turned to look at her once more, watching her drink her ale.

"So if I am not an assassin, then what am I? Where would be your carefully guided theories lead you?"
Back to top Go down
Erin Castral

Erin Castral

PostSubject: Re: Night of the Hunter   Night of the Hunter I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 9:18 pm

She turned to face him once more, her stormy eyes narrow, studying him, "I'd place you as a predator..." she answered ernestly, taking his remark about the money into mind as she analyzed their discussions "someone who kills as I do...but for a different reason..." her mouth persed slightly, "you enjoy the fight and the chase."
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Night of the Hunter   Night of the Hunter I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 3:11 am

Joek nodded his head, staring her in the eyes before chewing on the inside of his cheek and tapping the table with one finger. "You are close... Closer than you'd know. You know... I have a meeting with someone later this evening. Would you be interested in getting to know me and my kind a little better? I swear your safety of course. I would just love to satiate your curiosity. It's not everyday that the Thief King invites a tag along, you'd do well to accept."

He stood up from his chair, holding out a hand for her to join him. "Care to take a stroll?"
Back to top Go down
Erin Castral

Erin Castral

PostSubject: Re: Night of the Hunter   Night of the Hunter I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 3:24 am

Her eyes studied him for sincerity, piercing into his own like ice shards for a brief moment before accepting his extended hand and checking to make sure her knife was still in her boot, just in case, "Then I would definitely accept such a rare offer of course, especially after your most courteous offer." With that said, she stood from her chair and thanked the barkeep.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Night of the Hunter   Night of the Hunter I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 5:21 pm

And with that, the green haired devil whisked her from the bar, stepping out into the cool evening, his hat and cane left at the bar. He wouldn't need those where he was going. So he began his walk down the street.

After a few minutes of silent walking, he finally stopped in the middle of what looked to be a subdivision. A place where homes lined both sides of the street. Some of them had toys out front, some had other items of interest telling tales of those that live there. a pair of shoes here, a horse in its stable there, maybe a cat lounging and sleeping on a porch.

All the windows were dark.

"Alright then my dear. Lady's choice. Choose a house, any house. I find my favorite way is covering my eyes and spinning. When I open my eyes, I'm facing the one I choose. Oh it is all sorts of fun!"
Back to top Go down
Erin Castral

Erin Castral

PostSubject: Re: Night of the Hunter   Night of the Hunter I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 5:54 pm

What are you getting at, you crazy git? she thought as a wry smile came to her face. She couldn't tell if he'd been joking or
was really the thief king she'd heard so much about in
meetings of dignitaries.
She shrugged and left it to a time when she was once again alone with her thoughs in the comfort of her tent. If it was, then that was some valuable information, after all...
With her eyes closed, she whirled, the bottom of her free-flowing dress curling upwards slightlly. When she stopped she was facing
a particularly simple looking home with a pair of lazy fat-cats curled up in front of the door. "I suppose I pick that oe then," she said with a humorous
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Night of the Hunter   Night of the Hunter I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 6:46 pm

The madman nodded his affirmation of the house. "I like that one. Felt a bit like it deserved to be picked. Good choice." He stepped/skipped his way over toward the house, stopping before reaching it's fence. "Well alright. Let us begin."

He raised his gloved hands, and clapped twice.

A few moments went by... then a few more. Joek stood perfectly still, crossing his arms. Finally, 3 men came their way toward them, each of them a bit more scarred and stupid looking as the next.

"Welcome welcome welcome. Boys, I'd like you to meet Erin. She's a new friend of mine. I'm showing her the fun of the town. Care to join us?"

They smiled devilishly to each other, looking at the house in front of them. "This da place we goin boss?"

"Yes it is Brick. Now. Would you kindly do me the favor of keeping our good friend here comfortable while I set the stage?"

"Sure thing boss."

With that, Joek gave a slight bow and walked his way up to the house, He tapped the door a few tmes, bent down, his work obscured, and simply.... opened the door.

He stepped inside, closing the door behind him.

Everyone outside waited, hearing nothing from the interior until suddenly....

"WOAH!"

A high pitched scream and then silence. Some scuffling sounds...

Quick as a flash, Joek opened the window on the second floor and gave a waving motion.

"Party time..." Brick said from behind as he began to walk his way inside as well.

In the bedroom of the owners, Joek was sitting on a chair with one leg over the other, He was straightening the tie he was wearing, waving Erin in.

"Oh come in come in! Meet my newest of friends. This is.... What was it? Gerome? Oh... Jerry. Didn't hear very well past the cloth... and this is his lovely mistress.... Barbara? I think it was? Didn't quite catch it before knocking her out. So? Are we ready to begin?"
Back to top Go down
Erin Castral

Erin Castral

PostSubject: Re: Night of the Hunter   Night of the Hunter I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 6:55 pm

Erin walked in with a raised eyebrow as she studied the couple. Simple enough family, no kids.
The two cats outside indicated a lonliness, so perhaps the woman was barron?
She wasn't sure.
Their room indicated a middle working class household with plenty of decorations.
A tax collector perhaps?

She finally looked to Joek and smiled.
She had to admit, even she was impressed by his speed and efficiency.
It was rare to find someone who could keep pace with her.
It was...refreshing.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Night of the Hunter   Night of the Hunter I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 7:50 pm

Joek rolled up his sleeves, the men downstairs clanking away as they stripped the house of anything valuable.

"Well Erin I suppose you are new and I'll let you have the first honors. Good sir! I happily welcome you to the game of fate! Roll the dice? Spin the wheel? Answer the question! Such riches await you, and such deaths can befall! Tis a game of your living, and the game of your life." He stepped forward, ripping off the cloth and slipping a rather ornate and shiny blade right underneath the cowering Jerry's chin.

"Let us begin! Jerry. What would you guess is our fine friend's age here?"

(OOC: I'll allow you to make the guesses for the Victim)
Back to top Go down
Erin Castral

Erin Castral

PostSubject: Re: Night of the Hunter   Night of the Hunter I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 7:59 pm

Now I see... She smirked condescendingly at the victim, hip jutting to the right as she cocked her head to the left.
She found herself hoping he'd get it wrong. Her eyes were wide and innocent appearing as she watched them. After a long extended silence in which the man had stared at her, the
tense silence was broken by a terrified question of, "F-fifteen?"
Wow.
That was bad.
She scoffed softly at him. She knew she looked young, but fifteen? That was practically virginal! She sighed and ran a hand through her scarlet locks, "Ahh, well that's too bad..." she said softly, "You were dead wrong."
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Night of the Hunter   Night of the Hunter I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 11:27 pm

Joek turned his attention from the man back to the girl. "My my myyy someone has a bit of a dark sense of huuumor! Fun fun fuuun." He stood up and kicked the man over, stepping on his wrists and pressing the blade in his hands.

"So tell us the winning number of age you are Erin! I hope for his sake it's less than ten..."

The blade pressed to the man's knuckles left a crimson line, the man quivering and trying to pull away from the surprisingly strong knee holding them in their place.
Back to top Go down
Erin Castral

Erin Castral

PostSubject: Re: Night of the Hunter   Night of the Hunter I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 12:23 am

Erin let out a soft chuckle as she shook her head, "Afraid not..." she remarked, studying the frightened man with a cold gaze.
"You see Joek, I'm half-elf...."
Which you know means I age slower than normal humans..." she began, staring cruely down
at the man squirming on the floor, pleading for his life, "I'm tweny-three," she explained with a cold toss of her head.
She vaguely wondered if this night could possibly get any more fun.
A smirk curled onto her lips, "So you're not only wrong...you're dead wrong."
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Night of the Hunter   Night of the Hunter I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 2:48 am

Joek cocked an eyebrow at her, smirking his smirk. His hand slid it's way down to the man's mouth, removing the gag once more, and sure enough the man began blubbering about his want for mercy.

As the girl made her pun the man looked up at her. "I heard you the first time you bitch! How can you do this to me?! I've done nothing wrong! I'm just a merchant down the street! What is the matter with y-"

Joek pressed a hand to Jerry's mouth, pressing a finger to his lips and shaking his head.

"Game has rewards, and it has consequences." It was a swift move, well practiced. Jerry didn't even get the chance to fully flinch before realizing all of his fingers had just been lopped off, leaving bloody stumps and his thumbs.

Joek pressed his hand upon the man's face even harder, suppressing his screams until it was just sobbing. Joek allowed the man to press his stumps into his torso to staunch the bleeding, but he was looking pale.

"Now now.... we go by the rules here. Next question... What is this girl's natural hair color?"

The man let out another wail of terror. "I- I don't knooooooow."

"Come on take a guess."

"I don't.... I... " And he fell over, passed out.

Joek gave a grin, nodding his head. "Well Jerry... Seems you forfeit." He stood himself up and grabbed the unconscious woman, dragging her by one hand down the stairs and outside.

"We don't kill those who don't get the chance to play. She will be spared..."

He stepped back in, grabbing the man and dragging his barely breathing corpse down the stairs as well, effectively breaking his neck in the motion.

He laid the man beside his wife, and took out a knife.

"Now this is something you assassins are always lacking in your work.... Artistry."

Joek carved the man.... Cleaned the flesh from the bones of his jaws and teeth, leaving a nightmare stricken grin on the man's bloodied and mangaled face.

"And with this.... This town is mine. Light up."

The men standing outside nodded, throwing the torches they carried into the house.

Joek turned to the girl standing before him and bowed his head.

"And what of you? I hope you enjoyed our little show."
Back to top Go down
Erin Castral

Erin Castral

PostSubject: Re: Night of the Hunter   Night of the Hunter I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 3:05 am

She smirked, arms folded across her chest as
she watched the , "Best thing I've seen in months.
And you weren't wrong about the lack of artistry
in my line of work,
though I personally love to leave a little...signature
of my work.
Usually a card with my "name" on it or you know something
else that just says 'the satan's bride got one again', you know?"
She smiles softly, "I must say, you
you certainly know how to show a girl a good time, and I'm eager
to see this woman's reaction in the morning. A widow,
all by her lonesome. They always have
these petti broken looks about them..."
She lightly bumped his hips with hers, "Oh and for the record, this is my natural hair color..." she flipped her hair at him as she slid her blade back into her boot.
"And I can prove it..." she flashed him a wink before turning back as if she'd not uttered a word.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Night of the Hunter   Night of the Hunter I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 3:18 am

Joek took the hip bump and swayed slightly, crossing his arms as he walked to the newly widowed. "Seems a bit sad that she's not even really a widow.... I uh... noticed that our friend over here isn't her husband... see that man was the one who owes me money. Funny how fate works...." He tapped a toe on the girl, "Yeeeaaah her hubby's gonna be real mad at this predicament... Oh well. Cheaters never prosper and all that." He grinned, stepping over the woman and nodding to the guys to get the loot out of here.

"A Card eh? Bit cliche but gotta love the classics."

At her snarky remark, Joek blinked and shook it off. Women fancies were always so... predictable.

He watched her walking down the street, nodding his head and letting out a laugh. He was going to love this town... oh yes very much so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Night of the Hunter   Night of the Hunter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Night of the Hunter
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next